multifunctional disinfectant solution
NO RUB LASTING COMFORT FORM
Please read this information carefully and keep it for future referencel!
Az OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS®multifunctional disinfectantsolution contains POYQUAD* and ALDOX*, which destroy harmful microorganisms while being gentle on the eyes. It also contains citrate, which removes protein deposits during soaking.
OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS® Multifunctional Disinfectant provides all-day comfort, even for sensitive eyes.
OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS®multifunctional disinfectantsolution wets the lenses, eliminating minor irritation and discomfort during lens wear, thus prolonging comfortable lens wear time. Next to OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS®multifunctional disinfectantsolution no other cleaning solution is needed.
OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS®multifunction disinfectantsolution for disinfecting, cleaning, rinsing, wetting and storing all soft lenses, including silicone hydrogel lenses.
OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS®multifunctional disinfectantsolution is a sterile, buffered, isotonic aqueous solution containing sodium chloride, sorbitol, disodium edetate, boric acid, aminomethyl propanol; citrate as a detergent and TETRONIC* 1304*; and 0,001% POLYQUAD* (polodronium chloride) and 0,0005% ALDOX* (miristamidopropyl-deimethylamine).
*TETRONIC®= Trademark of the BASF company.
CONTRAINDICATIONS (Contraindications to use):
OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS®multifunctional disinfectantsolution should not be used in case of allergy to any of the ingredients.
Always wash and rinse your hands before using contact lenses. Always start with the same lens on the right or left side to avoid mixing lenses.
Before using a new Alcon® lens case, rinse the case with OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS®Multifunctional Disinfectant.
After use, empty the lens case, rinse with OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS® Multifunctional Disinfectant and allow to air dry. Alcon recommends regular replacement of the contact lens case.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING, DISINFECTION, PROTEIN REMOVAL:
- Thoroughly rinse both sides of the lens with OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS® Multifunctional Disinfectant Solution. Refill the Alcon® lens case with fresh OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS® Multifunctional Disinfectant Solution so that the solution covers the lenses. Leave the lenses in the sealed case overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Your doctor may recommend additional preparations or other methods of cleaning your contact lenses, taking into account your individual tear composition and lens wearing habits. Always follow your eye doctor's instructions.
- The lenses should be kept in a sealed case for up to 30 days until they are fitted. If lenses are stored for longer periods, they should be cleaned and disinfected with a fresh solution every month and before fitting..
If you experience minor irritation or discomfort when wearing the lenses, drop one or two drops of OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS® Multifunctional Antiseptic directly into your eyes and blink a few times.
OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS® Multifunctional Disinfectant Solution can be used at any time of the day to moisten your lenses.
To ensure proper use and handling of contact lenses and contact lens care products (including lens cases), it is extremely important to follow the instructions of your practitioner and the instructions for use. In the event of prolonged discomfort, increased tearing, visual disturbances or reddening of the eye, remove your contact lenses IMMEDIATELY and consult a professional as symptoms may worsen.
- Always fresh OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS® use a multifunctional disinfectant solution . Never reuse the solution in the contact lens storage case.
- Always use Alcon® lens wear.
- Never touch the dropper of the bottle to any surface to prevent contamination.
- Screw the cap back on after use.
- Store the solution at room temperature. Avoid contact with heat.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Only use within the expiry date indicated on the product.
- Pour out any remaining solution six months after opening.
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not use for disinfection by heat
Sterilised by filtration OPTI-FREE® EXPRESS®multifunctional disinfectantsolution available in plastic bottles of 120 and 335 ml.
Alcon Laboratories (U.K.) Ltd.
HP2 7UD UK
US patent numbers: 5,393,491; 5,573,726; 5,631,005;6,319,464; and 6,365,636
European patent numbers: 0 669 803 and 0 948 357
© 2006, 2007, 2009-2010 Alcon Inc.